Thursday, March 23, 2017

March Photo A Day 23 - Tired


Are you tired of seeing photos of my ice and snow?
I am, but here are some (phone) photos of it anyway, 
since today's prompt is "Tired!"
  We braved the icy shoreline
 and made our way 
to a hidden stretch of shale beach.


Walking away from the cold wind on the beach, 
and hking up through the quiet woodland, 
to the lane on the ridge
we found little treasures;
last autumn's pine cones,
and last summer's bird nests.


As we walked, 
we planned a picnic for warmer days,
on the shale bluffs,
overlooking Lake Michigan,
under the tall towers of Black Spruce.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you serenity.


More about the Photo A Day Challenge here.  Tomorrow's prompt is "I feel..."

7 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Oh look at the bird's nest!
And thank you for the serenity wish. Perfect!

JFM said...

I could never tire of looking at such beauty and lovely treasures... thank you for sharing 💕

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I think a picnic overlooking Lake Michigan sounds blissful!

Birgit said...

Serenity is always nice even in greys and browns. Love the birds nest.

Out on the prairie said...

Had a little snow but it melted quick the day after I got back from the tropics.

Marcie said...

Sandra, It was just perfect, that nest, but laying on the ground. I'm sure those birds will build a new one this spring.

Jan, Thank you!

Pom, Doesn't it? I can't wait! :D

Birgit, It is a pretty palette of colors, but I am ready for something more vibrant. I love the nest too! :)

Steve, It is that time of year, isn't it? Lucky you, to get away to the tropics!

Cat Lover said...

Beautiful photos and words as always Marcie.