Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March Photo A Day 22 - Work


For today's prompt, I am going to link to an old favorite post of mine.  Yesterday's photo was taken by one of my daughters, so perhaps that is not strictly in keeping with the intent of the challenge.  The post I am linking to today contains only my own photography, from a garden I worked in once upon a time.

If I tell you that this past weekend, my farmer and I took our granddaughter (along with her parents) to see the new live action movie of Beauty and the Beast, you may understand why I was drawn to this old post.  The little narrative that goes along with it tells you who was working in that old butterfly garden along with me.  I hope you will link over to read a very short story, entitled While the Wild Wind Blows.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy in your work.



11 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

How apropos for Beauty and the Beast:) Did you like the movie? I'm planning on seeing it this weekend.
Did you get my email?

Marcie said...

Sandra, I really loved the movie. It was beautiful and magical. Most of the singers were just outstanding! Hope you enjoy it. I think we are off to see Logan tomorrow. We have been in a movie seeing trend this winter! It has been a fun change of pace.

Just got the email. Thank you! I replied. :D

Pom Pom said...

Very clever, Marcie! Pretty kitty, too!

Marcie said...

Thanks, Pom. That pretty calico was Arwen. She has passed on, but she was a well-loved friend that we still think of often. She appeared in several posts in the early years of this blog.

Cat Lover said...

Lovely photo and I enjoyed the post linked to it too.
We are enjoying a sunny but cool day today here.
Take care.

JFM said...

That was beautiful Marcie and so wonderfully written, very nice!!!
All of your photos were gorgeous!!!
I loved it all!

Love the Calico cat...so pretty~

Marcie said...

Thanks, Jan! I don't live at that house anymore, but put a lot of years into that butterfly garden. Grew so many favorite varieties of flowers!

Crafty Green Poet said...

What a beautiful cat!

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice shot, my youngest went to see the movie yesterday, I told her I was going to take her.She turns 25 tomorrow LOL

Marcie said...

Steve, I think Beauty and the Beast (the animated version) was the first movie I took my oldest daughter to! Hope you got to go!

Marcie said...

Poet, She was a beautiful girl!