Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March Photo A Day - Hot


“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today's photo prompt is "Hot." Most of my photos are of weather and nature, and there has been nothing hot about our spring thus far.  Last night's sunset, however, was a blaze of tangerine fire lighting the western sky.  I could see just a bit through the line of cedars that edge the front yard.



This morning, it was a different world, and the sun rose silver and pale, gleaming softly over thick frost and dense fog.  The art in the garden looked like ghosts dancing in the morning air as I stood on the upper deck, wide-eyed and barefoot, with a mug of coffee in my hands.  The world on such a morning is a marvel.  When a friend called and invited me, spontaneously, on an excursion, how could I resist?  An hour later, chores quickly finished, we drove off into rising mist toward the small city to the south.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you wonder and joy.

Information on the Photo A Day Challenge may be found here. It is nearly over, but it has been fun and oft times challenging!  Tomorrow's prompt is shiny.

quote (one of my favorites!) from: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/354-live-in-the-sunshine-swim-the-sea-drink-the-wild

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

How can you ignore the call of adventure?

Marcie said...

Right, Alex! Thanks for visiting!

Diane AZ said...

What a beautiful place to observe the weather and nature. I love that sparkly sunset! :)

Marcie said...

I loved all the rays of that sunset. The sun looked like a many-pointed star...which I guess it sort of is!

Out on the prairie said...

the first thing I do when getting up is look at the sun coming up.With so much rain I hope to see it even glimpse at me.

Marcie said...

I love to watch the sun come up too. We had a cloudy but not rainy day yesterday, with all that fog, and today it is raining again. Par for the spring-course! Hope you get to spend some time in nature, despite the rain!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow!
That first photograph ...
Amazing!

All the best Jan

Cat Lover said...

Hi Marcie, I love today's photos. Your garden sculptures do look like ghosts dancing in the mist!
Robin

Marcie said...

Robin, They definitely did in person... just a slight bit of movement because there was very little wind, but just enough to set my imagination in motion. ;)

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly gorgeous photos!! Love!!!

Marcie said...

Thank you so much!!!