Monday, June 16, 2008

The Gardener




An on-line friend once mentioned that she imagined me in the garden in a long floral skirt or dress and a pretty hat. Though that sounds picturesque and romantic, the truth is much more mundane. I generally garden in shorts and a tshirt, or jeans and a sweatshirt, depending on the weather. I never wear a hat and I'm usually barefoot. Haiku snapped this photo on the butterfly garden trail as I was taking a little break the other day from working in the veggie garden. I was glad to be amid the flowers with my daughter, with the shadow of elm leaves dancing across my face.


5 comments:

Robbin said...

Oh,you're just as pretty as I thought you'd be! And Haiku captured just the person I imagined you to be and exactly where you belong, right there amongst all that beauty of your labor of love. Thank you Haiku.

Michele said...

You are just as lovely and "romantic" in your shorts & tee, my dear friend!

Marcie said...

Robbin, You're so sweet. I wouldn't have even posted this, as I don't put many "people" photos on my blog, but Haiku asked me to. Thank you for your nice response. I'll tell her you said "Thank you."

Rapunzel, I'm going to have to take your word for that... if anyone knows "romantic" it would be you. *warm smile* Thank you for that sweet comment!

Nan said...

Aisling, I'm so pleased you posted the picture. I knew what you looked like from the old days of our list, but hadn't seen you in a while! That's a great shot, and just as I would imagine you'd look outdoors. Isn't it funny how we imagine people we don't know except through words.

Marcie said...

Nan, I do that too. It helps to have had a glimpse of the person before, but often I form a mental image even without having seen a photo. Thanks for your nice comment! :)