Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nature Notebook - Early June

I usually show you what is growing in my gardens. This Nature Notebook entry features what is growing in the wild edges and the untended areas of our property. After many days of rain (and more to come) mushrooms are springing up all over the yard.


Campion, Buttercups, Field Daisies, Clover and both orange and yellow Hawkweed are blooming where the "grass" has not been mowed (our lawn and fields are mostly wildflowers and a variety of grasses, rather than actual grass.)




"My only desire is an intimate infusion with nature, and the only fate I wish is to have worked and lived in harmony with her laws."~ Claude Monet


photos by Aisling, June 10, 2008 1) a patch of yellow hawkweed in the front "lawn" 2 & 3) Mushrooms in the grass behind the house 4) wild campion 5) buttercups 6) field daisies 7) red clover 8) orange hawkweed

2 comments:

Robbin said...

Oh, thank you for the nature walk, it is way too hot here to do that. The pictures are beautiful as usual. I can almost smell the air and feel the breeze.

I love mushrooms. We call them them toad stools here, is that just a southern thing or have you heard that before?

Marcie said...

Robbin, I don't hear people say "Toad Stools" very often here, but I have heard of it before. Of course, my family are originally from the south, so that could be why! *grin*

Thank you for the nice comment on my photos. I'm glad to share my corner of the world with you through photos.