Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Stroll - As Clouds Roll In






photos by Aisling, June 15, 2008 1) Carnival Weigala in front garden 2) Close up of darker blossoms on Carnival Weigala 3) purple and white pansy in front garden 4) White McKana's Giant Aquilegia (Columbine) 5) Red McKana's Giant 6) Blue Aqueligia 7) SkyWings Iris for which my "SkyWings Butterfly Garden" is named 8) Blue Flax and Red Rose Leaves in the Rose & Herb Bed 9) Dianthus, cultivar "The Rosish One" 10) a "baby" pear 11) Iris, cultivar Rock Star, in the Rose & Herb Bed.

If you look at the sky behind the iris in the last photo, you can see that the clouds are really rolling in. More rain, from another storm, is on the way.

6 comments:

Robbin said...

I kept going back to the last picture of the iris, and finally I saw what I thought I saw, it looks like an Angel to me. We have storms here now, not sure if I'll get my stroll, but then again you never know. Thunder is roaring right now but no rain yet, we'll see what happens.
Anyway, beautiful stroll you had this morning, and a beautiful purple Angel Iris you have there, even if it a Rock Star, looks like an Angel to me.

Marcie said...

Robbin, Thank you for strolling with me. I hope your storm abates and you find some time for walking this afternoon.

I could see the sky through the petals as I took photos of this iris... and I thought it looked like a window to heaven, so it does not surprise me that you see an angel there.

hugs,
Aisling

L'Adelaide said...

what gorgeous colors you have....it must be all that rain?? we have not had rain here, it would be highly unlikely in CA at this time of year....last week was in the 100's and baked my garden, some of it is crispy :(

I really love the weigala, that color is wonderful!

Marcie said...

Linda, I know that the rain has helped the colors. We have not had that hot, bleaching sunlight. Even if it is unseasonable, I hope you get a little rain soon. Everything feels fresh and clean after a good soaking rain. Thanks for coming back to see my stroll photos! :)

Nan said...

I so love that Sky Wings Iris, and Aquilegias are among my faves. Beautiful pictures.

Marcie said...

Nan, We have talked about SkyWings before, when I shared a photo of them on a list. I will try to remember this year to send you a few corms in the mail. If I do it in the fall, when it gets cool outside, and wrap them up in damp paper towel and a quick delivery method, I think it would work.

Thanks for your nice comment! :)