Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sunday Stroll - Flowers for the Party

This morning, I went down to the garden and cut flowers for the vases on the tables at the graduation party. Because my iris are just beginning to bloom, I didn't leave many in the garden but they were very cute on the tables in little Japanese soda bottles. These photos were taken just before I cut the flowers for the party. You may notice that in my notes below which identify the flowers in the photos, there are several iris varieties whose cultivar I do not know. These were gifts from a gardening friend. It has been fun to watch them unfold. For many of them, this is their first year in my garden and each new variety is a surprise and a delight.

1) Orchid and Peach Iris, cultivar Rock Star 2) a little Siberian Iris; cultivar Skywings 3) Blue Dutch Iris 4) yellow iris/brown falls, cultivar not known 5) another Purple Iris

5 comments:

Robbin said...

Oh, the iris's are beautiful, I love them so. I can't chose my favorite and I bet they were so pretty for the party.
I love the surprise of what bulb is going to bloom too, we do that each day with the daylillies, every time a new one opens I have to take pictures.
Congrats to your daughter, I know you are so proud of her.

GreenishLady said...

Magnificent irises. Hope the graduation party was good fun. Sorry to have missed Sunday Stroll this week again. - I took photos but didn't get them uploaded soon enough to post. Maybe next week... But in the meantime, I just love visiting your garden!

Memaw's memories said...

Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I especially love Iris and Daylillies.

L'Adelaide said...

congratulations to your daughter, aisling! I love your iris...they are lovely...just popping in to say come on over and take a little stroll with me :) I think I will plant some iris for next year after seeing yours!

Marcie said...

Robbin, Iris have such a short season, but when they are blooming they are breathtaking! I've been loving your daylily photos too. I have a few but your Mom seems to have a variety of beautiful cultivars.

Imelda, Thank you! The party was great fun. I hope to see your photos next week!

Shirley, Thank you so much! Those are favorites of mine as well... Actually, when I think of it, I have a lot of favorite flowers (comes from being a gardener I guess!)

Linda, Thanks for coming by. I went and so your photos. They are just so pretty!